Note: The list below is provided for your convenience only. ARCE/NY does not maintain these sites and therefore can not be responsible for their content.
Books and Articles by Our Speakers
James P. Allen
- The Debate between a Man and His Soul, a Masterpiece of Ancient Egyptian Literature. Culture and History of the Ancient Near East 44. Leiden, Brill, 2010.
- Middle Egyptian: an Introduction to the Language and Culture of Ancient Egypt. 2nd ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2010.
- “The Original Owner of Tutankhamun’s Canopic Coffins.” In Millions of Jubilees: Studies in Honor of David P. Silverman, ed. by Z. Hawass and J. Houser Wegner (Annales du Service des Antiquités de l’Égypte, Supplement 39; Cairo: Conseil Suprème des Antiquités de l’Égypte, 2010), 27–42.
- “The Amarna Succession.” In Causing His Name to Live: Studies in Egyptian Epigraphy and History in Memory of William J. Murnane (Culture and History of the Ancient Near East 37; Leiden: Brill, 2009), 9–20.
- Priests, Tongues, and Rites. The London-Leiden Magical Manuscripts and Translation in Egyptian Ritual (100-300 CE) (Religions in the Graeco-Roman World - RGRW 153; Brill Academic Publishers; Leiden 2005).
- "Egyptian Literature in the Hellenistic and Roman Period", in: James Clauss and Martine Cuypers (eds.), A Companion to Hellenistic Literature (Blackwell Companions to Ancient Literature and Culture; Oxford 2010) 429-47. [co-authored with Ian Moyer]
- "Stars and the Egyptian Priesthood in the Greco-Roman Period", in: Scott B. Noegel, Joel Walker and Brannon M. Wheeler (eds.), Prayer, Magic and the Stars in the Ancient and Late Antique World (Pennsylvania State University Press 2003) 137-53.
Barry J. Kemp
- Ancient Egypt: Anatomy of a Civilisation. Routledge (2006)
- "Abydos: Egypt's Earliest Pharaohs and the Cult of Osiris" (Thames and Hudson 2011)
Marleen De Meyer
- "Evidence of Amputation as Medical Treatment in Ancient Egypt," International Journal of Osteoarchaeology 20, no. 4 (2010), 405–423 (DOI 10.1002/oa.1061) with T. Dupras, L.J. Williams, C. Peeters, D. Depraetere, B. Vanthuyne, H. Willems,
- "The Tomb of Henu at Deir el-Barsha," EA 31 (2007), 20–24.
- "Preliminary Report of the 2003 Campaign of the Belgian Mission to Deir al-Barsha," MDAIK 62 (2006), 307–339 with H. Willems, M. De Meyer, D. Depraetere, C. Peeters, L. Op De Beeck, S. Vereecken, B. Verrept, M. Depauw.
- The Complete Tutankhamun. Thames and Hudson (1990)
- Valley of the Kings. (KPI 1990)
- The Complete Valley of the Kings, with Richard H. Wilkinson. Thames and Hudson (1996)
Catharine H. Roehrig
- Hatshepsut: From Queen to Pharaoh. Exhibition catalogue, The Metropolitan Museum of Art: New York (2005). Editor and contributor.
- Life Along the Nile: Three Egyptians of Ancient Thebes. The Metropolitan Museum of Art Bulletin (Summer) 2001
- Mummies & Magic: An Introduction to Egyptian Funerary Beliefs. Museum of Fine Arts, Boston (1988)
Copyright © 2018 - American Research Center in Egypt / New York